Thursday, June 14, 2012

Songs in my Head

Anyone that knows me knows that I always have music in my head. Usually if a song gets stuck in my head, I have to listen to it to get it out. Over the past few months, I've been waking up with worship songs in my head and even after listening to them, can't get them out of my head. I usually end up with a specific part in my head and really pay attention to those lyrics. When this happens, or the song keeps coming back, I have been posting the lyrics or song on Facebook to share with everyone.

Before I left for Peru I wasn't listening to music much. In Peru, I didn't bring my iPod so the only music I had was what was playing when I woke up in the morning, the same songs everyday. Now don't get me wrong, I love those songs and they mean even more to me now, but they just didn't get in my head like when I would listen to music on my own.

One day working in Peru, my job was cleaning the children's home. I was on my own mopping for a few hours with occasional interaction with one of my teammmates. Those few hours, I had so many songs in my head. Some were songs I hadn't heard in years and some were songs that get in my head regularly. But getting to spend that time alone with God and Him giving me those songs was absolutely amazing.
Since being back, I have been questioning some things in my life and failth. I was unsure if I am ready to take the next step. Last week, I started constantly having worship songs in my head again and over the weekend I realized that I am ready to take that step.

For me, music is when everything makes sense. The most powerful spiritual experiences I've had have been during worship. I can pray and know exactly what I want to say. I can recognize God telling me to do something. I can express how I am feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment