Saturday, January 28, 2012

Winter Jam

So last night I went to Winter Jam with some friends.  Winter Jam is a Christian music tour featuring a bunch of artists for $10.  Last night we saw We As Human, For King and Country, Dara MacLean, Group 1 Crew, Building 429, Kari Jobe, Peter Furler (former lead singer of Newsboys), Sanctus Real, Skillet.  Nick Hall spoke on 1 John 1:5-7, illusionist Brock Gill performed, and Newsong hosted. 

I didn't think I was going to recognize any songs going into it, but I actually did.  When I'm doing homework and listening to music I usually have a shuffle of Country and Christian music going and I had actually begun to pick up on some of the songs I guess.

Skillet was the "big performance" of the night.  I had seen them a few years ago at the BJC with Shinedown and Puddle of Mud but didn't realize who they were.  They are more rock then I usually listen to and was not as into them in the concert because I didn't know most their songs and couldn't really understand them.  However, I'm listening to them online now and like them a lot better when I can understand them/learn the songs.

No comments:

Post a Comment