Thursday, September 22, 2011

I have time to update my blog?

The past few weeks have gone by so fast and have been so busy.  I'll try to summarize.

Two weekends ago was my brother's wedding.  I had my trip home all planned, sold my 'bama ticket, and was ready to go.  However, mother nature had a different plan.  We (meaning PA) got 13 inches of rain between Sunday and Thursday and the 3 highways I take home were closed due to flooding or mudslides.  Awesome.  For a few hours it was up in the air if I was going to make it home at all, but we found a route that would get me home with minimal issues. It ended up taking 5 hrs to get home instead of the normal 2.5 but I did get to see some towns I would never have seen otherwise.  I also got lost a few times and my GPS had a few issues but I did make it home with about 3 hours to spare.

The wedding itself was typical Burris craziness and I wouldn't have expected anything less.  Braydon wouldn't get dressed and was screaming for his mom who was locked in the bedroom with Niki (the bride) because they were doing pictures.  Riley ripped her dress and was in a mood. No one knew the family dance we were supposed to learn.  However, we all had a blast.

Last weekend I went to visit my friend Bethany at Texas A&M.  It was so much fun and wonderful to see her again.  I got to see and participate in some "weird Aggie traditions" as I like to call them.  It was a little strange to be on a different college campus though.  So many things are similar yet different but it was cool to see everything.

Sunday night when I was flying home, I picked up a Dow recruiter at each stop.  One of the new hires was on my plane from Houston to Philly.  In Philly we ran into the person who originally talked to me about Dow.  Once we landed in SC, on of the recruiters I know fairly well was there to meet them.

This week was Fall Career Week which meant info sessions, recruiting events, and interviews.  I helped out with some Dow events where needed and finally got a Dow shirt.  I'm not sure why I was so excited for this but it was definitely long overdue.  Wednesday was the career fair and I went as someone looking for an internship as well as helped out Dow with recruiting and answering questions.  I talked to a few companies and applied to a few more online.  I ended up getting an interview with Boeing which I wasn't expecting at all since I had just talked to them for the sake of doing so.

My Boeing interview was this morning and somehow I wasn't too nervous about it.  It was in a familiar location but was 3 interviewers vs. me.  Not what I was expecting, but they liked me because I'm getting an offer to intern with them this summer.

I now have GE Energy and Boeing and am still waiting to talk to someone about going back to Dow.  I'm not sure how I feel about all of this, but I guess it's a good problem to have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment